I was picking Bertie up on Monday to put an end to his complaining that "Mom" was cooking dinner. In an attempt to coax a laugh or two out of him, I went for his chubby little belly with a raspberry in mind and was met with resistance, which made me whip my head back, right into the corner of the wall in our living room.
The pain was more jarring than severe, and after a few minutes I had all but forgotten that it had happened. A few hours later I started to get a headache, but having forgotten the incident, did not connect the dots. After another hour or two I decided that I should take a pain reliever for the escalating headache, but after another hour without results and encroaching nausea, figured I should just try to sleep it off. The brain started working as I lay in bed and a creeping feeling of numbness in my extremities started to worry me. I checked the internet and convinced myself that I had sufficient cause to worry about any sort of freak internal bleeding, mostly because I had hit my head on the corner, creating a focused blow. Being at the ER for 4 hours and a CT scan later, I was told that I was clear, but that I should beware and symptoms that seem like drunkeness as those would be an indication that I had taken a turn for the worse. Well, the headache lingered for most of the next day, but I feel much better today.
Which is Bertie's first birthday!
And I also posted the another entry in my summer games preview here.
No comments:
Post a Comment