Pageviews last month

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lost page from 2007/2008

This entry was not dated so I can only place it by the emails surrounding it when I was sorting through some old papers.  While the emails were primarily a record of haiku exchanged while working at the court, I apparently had such a buildup of rage that even the ridicule of customers and coworkers in 17 syllables could not quell this particular expressive rant.

"When, in the course of human events, the methods for peaceful resolutions have been exhausted by a system that favors the financial rewards of the already rich over the fundamental necessities of individuals, whereby the laws have been structured to deny rights to men that are enjoyed by corporations, the only course of action that remains is violence.  Peaceable assembly has proven to be useless in the face of avarice and contempt for justice.  Where no attention is paid to the accumulation of wealth at the expense of the suffering masses, when power has been concentrated to the degree that any challenges to that power are systematically ignored or eliminated, the only way to reclaim our dignity is to forcibly wrestle it from the clutches of inhumane greed."

I assume it was at least prior to the 2008 election as that gave me hope for the first time in years.  Looking back now I can at least be glad that I didn't do anything stupid enough to result in getting shot by police or arrested for something mundane and meaningless.  As it stands now, I am more optimistic that the "Occupy Movement" has enough momentum to prove this rant to be incorrect.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment