As I navigate the various job-boards looking at descriptions and requirements, pay and hours, I find myself even more disenfranchised than before. I'm not against the idea of working, in fact, I rather miss certain aspects of it already. What troubles me is how much trouble I am having trying to figure where I fit into the equation of the economy.
I am capable of being trained to do just about anything, and I thrive in environments where I can use my customer service skills to make people happy and feel like they were treated like a human being and not just a dollar sign. The trouble is how little that seems to matter anymore. I don't like being disingenuous, but it seems to be the one qualification that runs through every industry.
I guess it comes down to creativity being the answer; that I must push myself in my creative endeavors such that I am afforded the opportunity to make it my livelihood. This is frightening because I have given myself over to my internal critic for so long that I rarely get more than a page or two before I feel like I lack anything interesting to say. I'm hoping that I can make arrangements to acquire a laptop that will allow me to extricate myself from the distractions of the house and get some time to put my mind to the keys.
No comments:
Post a Comment